Pages

Saturday, September 15, 2012

ain't no mountain high enough

Today I had to be one of the best runs that I have had in a long time. I was a little nervous because we were doing a totally different route and that area of the island is known to be hot and not have many water fountains. The nice thing about training with my group is mobile aid stations, it is so nice to have Gatorade parked every few miles.

For those of you who are familiar with Oahu, the run today started at the old Foodland in Hawaii Kai (Annie, close to where the red party was), we went past Hanauma Bay (where we went snorkeling) to Makapu'u and then ran up to the top of the lighthouse path. It actually wasn't that hot and from all the hill drills I did awesome on the trail part up the mountain. I came a little short on mileage but for all the hills we did, it ended up being 2 hours anyway which was my target time to run. Over all, I feel like my training is going great this year. Having the experience of last year under my belt is really helping me to be a better runner this year.

76 days!

Song: Diana Ross, Ain't No Mountain High Enough

1 comment:

  1. I love I know all the places you are talking about! Great run. You will be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete