Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2012

the long and winding road

When I started this blog a year ago, I had only completed 1 sprint distance triathlon. Since then I have completed an Olympic distance and a half Ironman. This has been the final destination the entire time.

Set in one of the world’s most iconic tropical locations, Cairns Airport IRONMAN Cairns will take place on Sunday the 9th of June 2013.

IRONMAN Cairns is a gruelling iron-distance triathlon that features a 3.8km swim, a 180km bike leg that travels one of the most scenic coastal roads in Australia towards Port Douglas and a 42.2km run that included the Cairns Esplanade before finishing in the heart of Cairns.

Ironman Cairns Sunday 9th June 2013

How to Enter: Entries will open online at 11am AEST Tuesday the 17th of July 2012.

I am very hopeful that I will get into this race and that in less than a year from now I can say that I am an Ironman.


Song: The Beatles, The Long and Winding Road

2 comments:

  1. How exciting! Cairns is a great race - several people I know raced there this year. Best in mind you must swim in a long sleeved wetsuit !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am excited to hear all about this race... I will be investing in a wetsuit pretty soon. I can swim in the cold Hawaii winter water :-)

      Delete