Pages

Monday, June 25, 2012

I hurt myself today to see if I still feel

I haven't really been doing that much since Honu. I hiked a bit the week after with my brother on the Big Island and went on 2 40+ mile bike rides but other than that I am in sloth mode. I ran a few times and felt like total crap.

I didn't make it to masters swim one time this past 3 weeks and thought that it was still a good idea to do the first North Shore Swim Series race. The Sangria at the finish line was my motivation. It was a 1 mile swim and the first time I've ever swam on the North Shore. It was AWFUL. I have never been in so much pain. I was so nauseous and the conditions were pretty bad. It was 46 minutes of absolute torture. I was actually praying for a jet ski rescue, but since no one came to my rescue I finished the race. It is really amazing what you can do when you have absolutely no choice. I am for sure going to make it to the masters swim now.

My friend said he has never seen someone so white coming out of the water. I really thought I was going to collapse.





I think the break is over and now it is time to get back to my diet and training schedule. There are 3 more progressively longer swims coming up so I need to get back into shape so I don't want to die like I did this Saturday.

Song NIN, Hurt

1 comment: