Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

now the king told the boogie men you have to let that raga drop

I do Tantalus so often now, that I feel like I needed to add another blog label. I remember the first time I cycled up Tantalus, which was probably about 8 months ago. I wanted to cry the entire time and wanted to give up more than anything. The only reason I completed it was because my coach wouldn't let me and there were other people watching. It is reasons like this that I LOVE training with a group. I would never do half the things that I do on my own that we get to do with Boca. And everyone is so encouraging. Even if I am the last person up that hill, everyone coming down is smiling.

Last night we did Tantalus twice, then ran for 20 minutes. I got up in 43 minutes both times and don't have the death grip on my brakes the entire time down. I was still close to last, but who cares I still did it.... twice!

Song: The Clash, Rock The Casbah

3 comments:

  1. I was like that a long time ago but now Tantalus isn't that bad. On another note, on my way back from Kailua this weekend, biked up Kamehame ridge and maybe 1/2 way past the gate before tapping out. That hill's a 100x worse than Tantalus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right. I made it about half way but people in front of me were just falling over and I was like nope, not gonna do that. I should try that hill again soon.

      Delete
  2. Your successes are very encouraging to me!

    ReplyDelete