Pages

Sunday, May 27, 2012

i'm leavin' on a jet plane

This will probably be my last post before I leave for Kona on Thursday. Yesterday, we did our last longish bike ride. 40 miles to Waimanolo and back. It was my best ride this year and I was in my aerobars the whole time. I did get a new bike that I haven't blogged about yet, I will do that when I get back.

Today was the Outrigger Canoe Club Invitational swim. It was a 1.2 mile swim with a start at Kaimana beach. I didn't do a great time, but everyone said this race is at least 15 min harder than the Honu swim. It was really brutal out there. We were against the current for a good 3/4 of the race. Overall I was pleased. It was a hard race and I reached my 3 goals.

1. Didn't have to be rescued by jet ski
2. Wasn't last
3. Finished within the Honu time cutoff.

Before I forgot, my brother will be tweeting from the race to the account http://www.twitter.com/deannahonu if you'd like to follow along.

Here are a few pictures from today:

I look slightly dazed here, thanks for the new suit dad:


Coming out of the water and so happy to see friends:

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to hear how the race went. I'm hoping to make it over there next year.

    ReplyDelete