Pages

Friday, May 11, 2012

i reflect on my reflection and i ask myself the question whats the right direction to go. i dont know

Why are there so many people from Russia viewing my blog? In soviet Russia, blog views you!

Training is winding down. Last weekend was a really hard bike/run brick workout and this weekend is the hardest weekend for the swim, bike, and run. This weekend is the Boca Honu training weekend, which I am not going to attend this year. My original plan was "if I am going to do this race, I am going to do it right and go to training weekend." When I realistically started to look at it, going twice in 2 weeks and having to ship my bike both times just was not affordable. I will miss out on the opportunity to train on the course but many other people show up and race races that way right?

I'm starting to wake up in the middle of the night with panic attacks that I won't make the swim cutoff.

Swim: 1 hour and 15 minutes from start of race.
Bike: 5 hours and 30 minutes from start of race.
Run: 8 hours and 30 minutes from start of race.

I know that if I don't just want someone to tell me "oh you will be fine, you can do it" and tell me the truth, I need to ask my brother. He will always be brutally honest if he doesn't think I can do something. So, I sent him an email with the time cutoffs, I didn't specify to him that my fear is the swim, I just asked him "Can I do this?". His reply "Just worry about the swim, the rest is cake." I'm sorta relieved that he thinks I can do this at all, but also slightly terrified of the swim! I know what I will be doing for the next few weeks, SWIMMING!

Song: The Muppet Movie, Man or Muppet

3 comments:

  1. I wouldn't worry too much. If you have a sub 40min swim, sub 3hr bike, you could basically walk the 13 miles and still have time to finish. Trust me. That's what happened last year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1:15 is a long time for 1.2mi - you'll do fine. You could do the back stoke and be done in time. And with that new Kestrel the bike will be a breeze! And we all know you can run - just take a few deep breathes and go enjoy the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. are you practicing at UH pool? or in the ocean? I might join since the school year is out now... but... we still have summer school. YUCK

    ReplyDelete