Pages

Saturday, April 7, 2012

get into the groove

Hello blogger friends. It has been awhile since I have given a real update on my Honu training. We are now in week 3 of training and I am starting to feel like an athlete again. Week 1 was bad. Week 2 was a little better. Week 3 was really good. I made all my workouts this week and gave it max effort. I even swam 2000 meters since I was off yesterday and hiked to the top of Kuliouou Ridge. It was a nice workout and a change from the usual swim/bike/run.

Today I knew was going to be a tough workout. We met at Kakaako Park at 7am and headed off for Tantalus. I have done Tantalus before but never more than once and never after riding anything else. We rode up it, then descended the Roundtop Drive side about 3 miles. We stopped at a park and rode up a really huge hill a few times (once for me) then went back up and around Tantalus again. Then we still had to bike back to the shop! Once we got back to Kakaako we did 45 minutes of hill intervals on the grassy part of the park. Needless to say my legs HURT. I am wearing my compression socks out tonight.

Tomorrow is 2 hours of hill running following by a 2000k swim! Hope everyone is doing great out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment