Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

running just as fast as we can, holding on to one anothers hand

I have 2 very exciting pieces of news I must share:

1. I ran 6 miles with no pain at all yesterday. Thank you Mr. Physical Therapist. (Don't worry Annie, I won't quit going.... yet). I am still not going to be doing any runs longer than 6 miles for awhile but it's really nice not to have pain.

2. I successfully changed and patched my bike tire all by myself. This might not seem like a huge feat to you all but trust me this has been a very stressful thing for me. I just haven't been strong enough to get the tire off by myself, so I get frustrated and make someone help me. I knew I couldn't go on that way as I would need to learn this skill but I was just putting it off. Last night I knew I had no choice. I had a flat that needed patched and I have to get to cycling clinic by 5:15 today. This meant NO TIME for help. It took me about 20 minutes, one scratched finger, 3 broken nails and 2 cats almost hurled across the room out of frustration but I did it!! Now I just gotta work on doing it faster.

4 comments:

  1. YOU DID IT YOURSELF, yay!!! I understand. I also understand that you said "needed patched" - PITTSBURGH :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job! There was a time when I was fixing a flat per week. Its a good skill to have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't remember the last time I ran 6 miles.

    ReplyDelete