Pages

Thursday, December 29, 2011

u got, u got it bad If you miss a day without your friend your whole life's off track

...I almost forgot that Usher song existed until I watched the ridiculous movie The Sweetest Thing tonight.

The last thing I wanted to do today was P90x. I've been in kind of a rut lately. Not working for 3 weeks and not being able to run for awhile has made turned me into a daytime tv watching, pajama all day wearing, lazy person. Having said that, I have only missed 1 day of P90x and that was because I didn't want to hurt my foot before I knew what was wrong with it.

I went to the doctor yesterday and he concluded that it is not broken or fractured. He does, however, want me to go to physical therapy. I really don't want to waste my time, but my good friend Annie yelled at me in a series of text messages until I said I would go (I do love my friends). I was cleared to run as long as I can handle the pain, but I decided to wait 2 more days just to be safe. So tomorrow I get to try to run again!

I have been swimming regularly but haven't touched my bike this entire break. I am not too worried about that because come next week I will be eating and sleeping cycling clinic. I sorta can't wait!

P90x is going OK so far. Like I said I missed one day, but I am actually glad because I didn't consider rest days and moving it up one day works much better with my schedule of activity anyway. I don't feel much different yet, but I think the core work is making me a little stronger. I finally have a real pullup bar installed and I am super sore from yesterdays arms and shoulders workout.

Anyway, even though the last thing I wanted to do tonight was P90x, I finally hit play on the Plyometrics DVD around 9:30pm. I'm so glad that is done for the day! I need to do an entire blog entry on my love for Tony Horton though. I really thought I was going to hate him, but I am obsessed with him and his quotes. My favorite one so far...

"Like a pterodactyl backing out of trouble...caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw!"

3 comments:

  1. I've recently started doing some of the P90X DVD's with a friend (we have been doing them pretty randomly), but the plyo totally kicked my butt. And I agree, Tony is hysterical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did several rounds of P90X over the years and trust me... you will get tired of hearing the quotes. His quotes are a running joke on the forums for those of us that have done more than 2 rounds. Ask Jeff, he will tell you the same thing. He and I used to joke about it.

    I will admit, though, that it was funny the first time through and it helped to keep me going when it got tough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAH oh Tony. It's a love/hate relationship. I hate his stupid sounds for "logging on to beachbody.com" but love his odd-ball antics and his HUGE crush on Drea!

    ReplyDelete