Pages

Friday, December 23, 2011

before i forget.....

1. Registration for the 2012 Honolulu Marathon is up! $26.20, what a steal $1 per mile. I'm pretty sure I am actually not going to do this race next year, but I couldn't not sign up just in case. I would really like to travel somewhere to do a different race. I'd really like to swing making the journey this time to visit Annie and do a race with her on the mainland. I have only done the Honolulu Marathon and I think it's time to expand my horizons.

2. P90x is tough. I have been sore ever since plyometrics day. I was determined not to miss ANY days of P90x but I decided to skip today. I should be on day 5, but my foot is really really bothering me. It hurt after the marathon and then stopping hurting until I ran yesterday 5 miles. Since then I have barely been able to walk. I know it's bad because I actually made a doctors appointment to get some xrays. I decided one day of rest on my foot is better than hurting it more. I will see how I feel tomorrow and get back on it. I really do feel like it is a good program so far.

3. While I skipped todays P90x it's not like I just sat on my ass and did nothing. Today was a major accomplishment for me. I swam 2000 meters! Before today 1200 was my longest swim. I was freaking exhausted and realized that in June I have to do that swim following by 50+ miles on the bike and a half marathon. What the hell am I thinking? At least I am starting to train now! Swimming is by far my weakest sport so I am really using the off season to try to get better.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone. I look forward to updating you on my P90x progress and on cycling clinic in a few weeks.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your long swim! After the Honu you will have a good base for the Waikiki Rough Water swim. I did it this year. It was a fun event.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did PART of the P90X plyo workout on Monday and could barely walk without showing it on Tue and Wed! I fear I am not fit enough to really do that program yet. Congrats on the long swim! Way to go! I have a hard time tracking my laps, but I don't think I've ever quite done 2000. Somewhere about 1700 is about my top. I think you are smart to go lower impact until you figure out your foot situation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come do the Baltimore Marathon :)

    ReplyDelete