Pages

Sunday, November 6, 2011

it's getting better all the time

...and when I say getting better I mean the pain from my Portuguese man o' war sting. Don't worry Annie, they aren't there all the time and there were signs posted I just missed them. Let me tell you though, I got stung in the hand about 4 hours ago and this pain is intense. At least I can type now!

Ok, back to the important stuff, the 20 mile run. It actually went really well. The weather was perfect, overcast but no rain and my nutrition was perfect. We ended up doing about 20.5 miles along the actual marathon course. I am not at my goal pace, but I also wasn't fresh. I am just happy that I finished it since my last long run was the 15 mile run about a month ago. The plan is to do another 20 mile run next Saturday and then go down to 13.1 the week after that.

I was pretty sore yesterday, but after the ice bath, compression socks, ibuprofen and stretching I feel great today. I did a 5 mile recovery run and I feel like by Tuesday I will be ready for whatever workout they throw at us. Next week I am going to try to take about 10 minutes off the 20 mile run I think I will be better mentally prepared going into it this time.

1 comment:

  1. Ouch! Bummer bout the sting. When I did the Waikiki Rough Water Swim I got nailed a couple times.

    My long run did not go so well this weekend. But, yeah, the overcast was nice to have. Good job on your run.

    ReplyDelete