Pages

Saturday, November 12, 2011

if you're not into yoga, if you have half a brain

I've been feeling super tight lately. Since the 20 mile run on Saturday my legs have just felt so heavy. Tonight I went to my first yoga class in a very long time. It is much easier than the yoga I did when I was really into yoga (before triathons).

I was really shocked how inflexible I am now. My entire body is so freaking tight. I am going to try to remember this each week so that I can make myself go at least once a week. There are 2 classes that fit my schedule. One is Monday night and One is Friday night. You know how it goes, Monday you are exhausted from the first day back at work and Friday you're exhausted from an entire week of work. I don't run on Mondays and only run a short distance on Friday so these are also the days I want to sit in my pajamas and eat peanut butter right off the spoon while watching netflix.

I really did enjoy the class and I encourage all of you triathletes or runners to add yoga or just more general stretching to your routine.

Hopefully I will be nice and limber for the long run tomorrow morning.

5 comments:

  1. Interesting about the yoga. I have tried it and well... I am not a fan. My ankle always hurt afterwards. How did the run go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a big fan of yoga only because I am junk at it. However, I respect it deeply. As a former gym rat for way too many years, I thought yoga was a wimpy activity. I no longer think that because it kicks my butt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sad there's no consuming of Pina Coladas in this blog post, only exercise LOL

    XOXO
    Fat Friend

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry Angie, it's solid weight. That's ok.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss Yoga. There aren't any classes that fit into my schedule now that I work normal hours :(

    ReplyDelete