Pages

Saturday, November 19, 2011

baby it's cold outside

Good training week overall. Did a lighter workout Tuesday and then had a grueling sprint workout on Thursday. I missed my Wednesday swim (I couldn't say no to a restaurant week deal at Town) but I did get to swim twice this week! I met a friend before work on Friday at Kaimana beach and we swam out to the windsock and back. Did the same swim today after my "long" run. Luckily we didn't get stung by any jellyfish like the 2 people we saw come over to the life guard. He didn't put the signs up until we were leaving! And man, the water is freaking cold this week. Is it possible to get hypothermia in Hawaii?

Todays long run was much more mellow than the last 2 weeks. After a 20 and 18 mile run I decided to do a little easier pace for the 13 one today. My friend is also tapering for the Las Vegas marathon so we went at closer to a 10 min mile pace. I felt good and am hoping my legs will recover a little from not pushing it too hard.

Other than that, not much going on here. Work is busy and I'm just getting ready for Annie and Anne to visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment