Pages

Thursday, October 27, 2011

yellow diamonds in the light

Anyone who knows me well knows that I can get someone obsessive about music. I think a lot of people do, but I will literally listen to the same song on repeat for over a week.

Some recent past obsession songs were:
Bad Romance
Club Can't Handle me Now (this one was seriously bad)
Give me Everything Tonight

This week it is this song:



Anyway, I was informed by a dear friend that my last post was "sad." Yes it was, I apologize for being a downer and realize I am so lucky that I get to spend time with my grandparents, but well... I was sad.

So back to training finally. Tuesday was TOUGH but I was super lucky as the rest of the people in my clinic were just coming off of a 30k race. I was the only slacker who was doing their "recovery" run but not really recovering. I am super sore from that run and have been stretching and foam rolling ever since. I ran with my compression socks on for the first time yesterday, I have to say I dislike running with them and would rather just sit around the house wearing them.

Tonight was an awful speed work night but I have an amazing pacer who is exactly the same speed as me, but for sure more motivated. She keeps me in line.

The best thing though that came out this week was talking to one of my coaches and realizing I need to freaking relax a little. Not running for 2 weeks is not the end of the world! I am a little behind but I know it will come back quick.

I am terrified for Saturdays run.... expect an update full of swear words after I run up Tantalus...which is miles miles straight uphill. I did it once on my bike, I can't imagine running it but people say it's beautiful and super shaded. For those of you not familiar with Tantalus Road, here is the elevation profile.


39 days now until Annie is here to run the marathon!

1 comment:

  1. And you survived it. I put a music post just for you ... of course it talks about other things, but really it has links for you to hear the music.

    ReplyDelete