Pages

Sunday, October 23, 2011

remember me?

This update is mainly so you don't forget I exist and stop following my blog. I am finally home from 16 days on the mainland. I spent 11 days in Pittsburgh and 5 in Florida. It was a really fun trip and I accomplished a lot including spending time with my grandparents who are 95 and 94 years old. They have aged a great deal since the last time I saw them and I'm afraid that I have probably seen them for the last time. It is really hard saying goodbye to someone to get on a plane when you are pretty sure you won't see them ever again. Who knows, maybe they'll surprise me but they really aren't doing well.

I hope that you all feel bad for me after reading that because now I can use that as my excuse for why my training suffered so bad. After my pap went into the hospital while I was there the training pretty much went downhill. I am trying not to be too upset about it. 2 weeks is a long time, but it's also not that much time. I might have been set back a few weeks but at least I got to spend time with my grandparents, parents, brother, and friends.

My Nanny (95) and Pap (94). The are pretty amazing people.

Florida was also awesome. I got to spent a lot of time with my best friend of over 20 years. I love that I get the opportunity to see her every few years. While I love all of my friends dearly, there is really nothing like a friend that has known me since you I a kid and through many different phases in my life. Hope is probably the most honest person to me in the world and I love that she can not see me for over a year but still give me awesome advice.

Me and Hope on our last night together. I thought I was tan... her Panamanian skin beats mine! Hopefully next time I see her will be in Hawaii next year.

I am so glad to be home now and get back on track with training and eating healthy again. There really is no place like home.

2 comments:

  1. Don't feel bad about training! Family is important. I am glad you got to see them. Its cool that they are able to be with each other at there advanced ages.

    Oh, and hey... welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Deanna! Have not forgotten about you. Sorry to hear about the grandparents. That's rough

    ReplyDelete