Pages

Friday, September 2, 2011

marathon training recap: week 1

I decided to spare you all the song titles for the weekly training recaps. Don't worry I still have plenty of power ballad titles to post. This was a great week over. I had a few minor set backs but they were health related and not motivation which makes me feel better because I really couldn't control them.

I only really missed 1 workout from being sick so I can't really complain.

miles run: 16.5
miles on the bike: 13
masters swims: 1
yoga class: 1

My mileage isn't really there yet mostly because the "long" run day was the first day at Boca and we were getting a feel for our groups. I almost missed a short run on Wednesday due to being sick. Tomorrow will be the first official long run day.

I also am back to yoga which makes me happy. I'm going to an easier class that I used to because I have lost so much flexibility!

6 comments:

  1. I wish there was a like button on blogs

    ReplyDelete
  2. @SME... use can use the +1 button above!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deanna - I'm not an athlete like you and don't know what a masters swim is. I'm assuming it's not called that because you have your masters degree! If I swam would that make it a bachelors swim?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angie - "masters" = old. You wouldn't understand. You prob weren't born yet. If you swam we'd call it lil swim, after lil Wayne.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great week! I think we also need to add in some training time for hanging out a the beach and drinking frosty drinks. Just sayin

    ReplyDelete
  6. you're right Annie and the faster we finish the race, the more beach time we get! How's that for incentive!

    ReplyDelete