Pages

Thursday, September 29, 2011

ch-ch-ch-ch-changes...turn and face the strain

I've been a bit overwhelmed lately. I've mentioned before how much I hate change and I have had a good deal of change to my routine lately. All of it is good change, but disruption none the less.

As you all know I spent a week in Maui last week with my family and some friends. That was an amazing fun trip, but I feel like I'm still recovering from it and here I go packing for a 2 week trip to Pittsburgh and Florida in a week!

I don't feel like my workouts suffered too much in Maui. Mostly because I did run the half marathon and got one more run in. I also made it to the long run the next day. This trip has me traveling over 3 long workouts and travel home is so stressful. I am going to have to work really hard to get a good number of runs in. I might just have to see less people this trip if necessary.

I also got a new job. I started it officially the day before I left for Maui so this is my first official week in the job. I came back and had to move my office and was totally disoriented for a few days. My new job is still at the same place just doing different stuff. I'm super excited about the change and I know it is going to be a challenge.

Having said all this, I haven't missed one workout this week. So suck it change, I win this round.

3 comments:

  1. Its funny how we always try to manage our lives around our workouts. You are truly an athlete!!! Good job considering all that you had to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on not missing the workouts. You will get to see some great new scenery on your travel runs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two thumbs up! Let us know if you need a ride to the airport. I'll send Franklin;0) hehehehe

    ReplyDelete