Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

i don't know much, but i know i don't feel great

This week has been such an awesome training week so far.

1. Saturday was first day of marathon training
2. I actually ride my bike 13 miles
3. That same night I did a short sprint workout
4. Last night I didn't try to make any excuses to get out of the masters swim.
5. Tonight is another FUN Boca night

So why am I getting sick!! I'm tired, my throat hurts, I feel hot, my eyes are scratching my contact lenses. I'm going to rest as soon as I get home from my run tonight.

This makes me curious, what are your favorite "get well fast" remedies? I usually head straight to Jamba Juice for one of their vitamin infused drinks. I don't care if it's just in my head, but I feel like they work.

5 comments:

  1. Sleep... which I never get enough. I sometimes use Endurox R4 recovery drink after workouts if I can't get to real food. I, too, occassionaly like a Jamba Juice after a workout. I get the Protein Berry Bowl with both soy and whey protein. OH great... I think I just talked myself into stopping by Jamba Juice after today's swim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any form of vitamin C, chicken noodle soup and as much sleep as I can get. If you are truly getting sick it might be better to skip one workout so you don't have to skip more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A long timeout on the couch, lots of water, OJ (no vodka allowed), and plenty of eating and naps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. I decided to go to the workout last night but stayed home from work because I didn't feel great today. I am taking tonights workout off and relaxing. Hopefully I'm better tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete