I am nearing the end of my two week break from exercising. I'm not sure if it helped or not, but I didn't feel like it and now I do again. I'm off the jaw meds in a few days so I'm just gonna take the next few days off and not stress about it. I did do a 30 mile ride on Sunday so that felt good.
My official marathon training starts August 27th. Until then I am just going to attempt to run 3x per week, bike 1x per week, and maybe swim 2x per week. I'm still doing the boot camp which has been pretty cool and different.
I was also a little down after the race (which I hear is normal) I just had that feeling of "now what" after that amazing experience just ended. I was able to finish 26 episodes of Parks and Recreations this week though. That's gotta be a PR of some kind. So for now I am starting off with short term goals to keep me motivated as well as reminding myself of my long term goals.
1. Don't eat 36 Starburst in a day (like I did yesterday)
2. Leave the couch in between episodes of Parks & Recreations for at least 5 minutes
3. Try to run at least once this week
1. Train for the Maui Half Marathon (9/11)
2. Continue training for the Honolulu Marathon (12/11)
3. Half Ironman (6/12)
I'm sure there will be many smaller triathlons and running races in between, but those are the big ones