Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

to clarify

Look at this, two posts in one day! I already have an idea for a third post but I will contain myself so that I can space them out. I just had to post this. I saw this comment on a Facebook thread about another Ironman 70.3 event.

"No thanks. I wish they'd revert back to calling events of this distance a 'Half Ironman'. Sorry, I have to go now - the phone is ringing so I better do a 'Marathon 0.015' to go answer it!"

I am in complete agreement with this. I felt dishonest because I know people have no idea of the distances and saw what I posted on Facebook and probably just assumed it was a full Ironman. I should have put half in the original post, but didn't even think of it. Even though I wanted to make sure they knew this was *just* a half I couldn't figure out how to write it without taking away from what an accomplishment this will be. I don't want to say "sorry friends, this is *only* a half Ironman." So they can just suck it and just think what they want. I did say 70.3 so I told the truth.

So, just to be clear to my blogger friends, this is *only* a half Ironman that I signed up for but I am pretty excited and proud of myself for signing up.

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHA marathon 0.015 to get the phone, funny! Oh Deanna, only a half Ironman? You're so lazy :)

    ReplyDelete