Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

i hate blogging

First, I really hate blogging. I am inspired to do this by two very good friends that have amazing blogs. You should follow them too. http://retailrunner.blogspot.com/ and http://alohayinzmangia.blogspot.com/. One of them inspires me to run, bike, and swim. The other one inspires me to cook for myself (and occasionally feeds me her delicious creations.)

Why do I hate blogging? Mostly because I don't think I have anything interesting to say and until recently I didn't really have anything passionate to write about. I also think that this will be the 5 millionth blog out there about someone trying to become an Ironman and I wanted to do something more unique. I am also a pretty private person. I really don't like a lot of information about myself out there online, but I guess in the long run I am writing this for me and not other people. I kick myself now for not starting this blog 3 months ago when I started training for the Tinman. Hind site is 20/20 and my next entry will be the day I complete the Tinman Olympic triathlon on July 31, 2011.

How did I get here? I love running. I have completed 2 Honolulu marathons and various other races. I didn't do great, but I finished and have gotten better in the few years I have been running. However, I get bored super easily. After this marathon I was bored. I knew I wanted to do something different, and was always curious about triathlons. Problem: I had no idea where to start. Around February I got a bike and got into a pool for the first time since I was a kid. I realized what a horrible swimmer I am, but not so bad on the bike.

I signed up for my first sprint triathlon and completed it basically training on my own.

SPRINT TRI IND Place -129 F30-34 Age Group -10 Swim -25:20 T1-3:02 Bike-46:55 T2-1:43 Run- 28:05 Time- 1:45:04

After this race, I was hooked and decided to sign up for a training program from Boca Hawaii for the Tinman. I had no idea what I was getting myself into. More on the Tinman in the next post.

The reason I started this blog today is because I just signed up for my next race which is a half Ironman.

CONGRATULATIONS Your registration is complete!
Event Name: 2012 Ironman 70.3 Hawaii
Date & Time: June 02, 2012 07:00 AM
Location: The Fairmont Orchid Hawaii on the Kohala Coast

And the journey begins....

6 comments:

  1. Deanna, how exciting! You failed to mention your blog with Bagheera, does that mean nothing to you?! LOL. You are a brave woman for taking this journey and I'll be following your progress in awe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right, I forgot about my amazing ability to blog with cats.... I think i forgot that on purpose. I can't wait for this journey and for all the delicious meals I will get on the way :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! So exciting, maybe you will inspire me to blog more! Can't wait to follow your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice! I am trying to find the earlier blogs but this only goes back to July.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not here, look at my dailymile account. Aren't you on there?

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes but I don't know my account "grin"

    ReplyDelete